Butter Lettuce, Persimmon, Feta and Hazelnut Salad Recipe
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 large head of butter lettuce or Boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 medium-size firm but ripe Fuyu persimmons, peeled, halved, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Combine vinegar, shallot, and mustard in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Place lettuce in large bowl; toss with dressing. Gently toss in persimmons, cheese, and nuts. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe and photo by Bon Appetit