Fat free, cholesterol free, sodium free, good source of fiber, potassium and magnesium, excellent source of vitamins A and C.
How to Select
Choose squash that is heavy for its size.
How to Store
Store butternut squash in a cool, dark place for up to a month. Once cut, refrigerate unused portion.
5 Ways to Butternut Squash in the Fall!
- Added to a stew or made into soup
- Steamed and Drizzled with olive oil
- Baked and stuffed with apples and ham
- Mashed with yams, seasoned with ginger and cinnamon
- Added to a grains, like wild rice, with pecans and cranberries
References: www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org, accessed November 14th, 2013