Cauliflower is a good source of folate and vitamins C. It is naturally low in fat, saturated fat free, very low in sodium, cholesterol free and low in calories!
How to Select
Choose cauliflower with compact, creamy white curds and bright green, firmly attached leaves. Avoid brown spots or loose sections that are spread out.
How to Store
Refrigerate cauliflower in a plastic bag up to five days.
5 Ways to Enjoy Cauliflower in the Fall!
- In a stirfry! Add cauliflower and other great vegetables like carrots and snow peas to boost the nutrition of your favorite stirfry.
- Make it into soup. Creamy cauliflower soup is perfect this time of year. Simply cook the cauliflower in broth, add seasonings and blend!
- Cauliflower cocktail. Swap cauliflower for shrimp in this easy recipe. Just boil cauliflower in a water and crab boil seasonings. Serve with cocktail sauce!
- Roasted Cauliflower. Play with different seasonings, like curry, or roast them in balsamic dressing and Parmesan cheese for added flavor.
- Top your salad! Toss cauliflower pieces into your salad for a burst of Vitamin C! Get the taste of fall with fennel, white beans and a tangy dressing.