Mandarin Orange Fennel Apple Salad Recipe
Makes: 6 servings
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (packed) grated lemon peel
- 1 large fresh fennel bulb, trimmed, halved, very thinly sliced
- 1 8-ounce Fuji apple, halved, cored, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 6 cups trimmed arugula leaves (from two 4-ounce packages)
- 2 mandarin oranges or tangerines, peeled, each cut crosswise into 3 slices
- Pomegranate seeds
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in small bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper. Combine fennel and apple in medium bowl; mix in 3 tablespoons dressing.
- Place arugula in large bowl. Add fennel-apple mixture. Toss, adding more dressing to taste. Divide salad among 6 plates. Garnish each with 1 mandarin orange slice and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
Recipe by bonappetit.com