Peaches are low in calories, packed with fiber and a good source of vitamin C and antioxidants. They are naturally low in fat; saturated fat free; sodium free; cholesterol free.
How to Select
Choose firm, peaches with fuzzy skins that yield to gentle pressure when ripe. Avoid blemishes.
How to Store
Store unripe peaches in paper bag. When ripe, store at room temperature for use within 1-2 days.
5 Ways to Enjoy Peaches in the Summertime!
- In a parfait. Jazz up your morning yogurt with fresh peaches and granola to make a quick, tasty and nutritious breakfast!
- Bake into a pie or tart. Fruit is in fact nature’s candy! Highlight your favorite desserts using the sweetness from fresh peaches.
- Peach Popsicles. Simply puree peaches, add juice or yogurt and perhaps some vanilla extract. Add to a popsicle tray with sticks, freeze and enjoy!
- Roasted peaches. Cooking peaches releases all of that natural sweetness. Pair with ice cream for a sweet treat or make into a salsa and pair with a light seafood dish.
- Eat them raw! Nothing tastes like summer like a fresh Jersey peach. Enjoy them while they are fresh and juicy!