Strawberries are naturally fat free, cholesterol free, sodium free, excellent source of vitamin C and a good source of folate.
How to Select
Choose shiny, firm strawberries with a bright red color. Caps should be fresh, green and intact. Avoid shriveled, mushy or leaky berries.
How to Store
Do not wash strawberries until ready to eat. Store in refrigerator for 1-3 days.
5 Ways to Enjoy Strawberries!
- Healthier Pancakes. Top waffles or pancakes with sliced strawberries and bananas for a fresh alternative to traditional syrup.
- Refreshing Smoothie. Freeze whole strawberries, grapes, and bananas. Blend with 100% orange juice, adding just enough to make a frozen purée. Garnish with a mint leaf and serve. Refreshing!
- Sweet & Tangy. Incorporate strawberries into a salad along with other fresh fruit, turkey and a mustard dressing.
- Elegantly Easy Ceviche. Dice fresh strawberries and add them to a shrimp ceviche with fresh vegetables, citrus juices and cilantro for a refreshing and light appetizer.
- Berries & Chocolate. Dip fresh berries in melted dark chocolate for a special treat.