Tomatoes are low fat, saturated fat free, very low in sodium, cholesterol free, and low in calories. They are also high in vitamin A, high in vitamin C, and a good source of potassium.
How to Select
Choose tomatoes with bright, shiny skins and firm flesh.
How to Store
Store tomatoes at room temperature away from direct sunlight, use within one week after ripe. Tomatoes taste best if not refrigerated; refrigerate only if you can’t use them before they spoil.
Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 10 Min Calories/serving: 190
- 1 (15 oz.) can sliced peaches, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped Jersey tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced red onions
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and minced
- In a medium-sized bowl, gently toss together the peaches, tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, honey and salt.
- Serve with whole grain tortilla chips or pita chips.