Apples are fat free, saturated fat free, sodium free, cholesterol free, and a high source of dietary fiber.
How to Select
Choose firm, shiny, smooth-skinned apples with intact stems. Should smell fresh, not musty.
How to Store
Refrigerate apples in plastic bag away from strong odor foods. Use within 3 weeks.
Apple & Cabbage Fruit Salad
Servings: 6 Preparation Time: 10 Min Calories/serving: 70
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 oranges, peeled, sectioned, seeded
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 medium honeycrisp apples, chopped
- 4 tbsp plain, low-fat yogurt
1 tsp honey
- Wash hands and clean cooking area.
- Wash and prepare cabbage, oranges, and apples as directed.
- Mix all ingredients. Serve.