Fennel is fat free, cholesterol free, low sodium, good source of vitamin C, potassium and fiber.
How to Store
Refrigerate fennel in a plastic bag up to five (5) days.
How to Select
Choose firm, unblemished fennel bulbs with bright green leaves.
Fennel Citrus Salad
Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 10 Min Calories/serving: 160
- 1 medium (about 1 1/2 lbs) fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 4 medium navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup calamata olives, pitted
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Combine fennel, oranges, red onion and olives in medium bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Toss gently and serve.