Very similar to other citrus fruits, low in calories, but high in vitamin A, vitamin C, and dietary fiber.
How to Select
Choose fruit with no external bruising or soft areas. Fruit should be firm with some give that indicates ripening has started. As they mature, the color at the tip grows to cover the whole fruit in a rosy red blush.
How to Store
Keep refrigerated for up to 2-3 weeks.
Lemon Plum & Berry Salad
Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 15 Min Calories/Serving: 109
- 1 ½ cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup orange, segments
- 1 cup lemon plums, diced and seeded
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon mint, Chiffonade*
- 1/8 teaspoon anise seed
- Mix all ingredients together and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
* Chiffonade is a cooking technique that produces long, thin ribbons, usually of herbs or greens. The leaves are usually stacked, rolled, and sliced in the direction of the roll. The French word is literally translated as “made of rags.”