How to Select
Choose flat stalks that are not curled or limp. Deep red stalks are sweeter and richer; tenderness is not related to size.
How to Store
Refrigerate rhubarb in a plastic bag; use within a few days.
Rhubarb is fat free, cholesterol free, sodium free and a good source of Vitamin C.
Servings: 6 Preparation Time: 25 Min Calories/Serving: 175
- 1lb chopped rhubarb
- 2 sweet red apples (peeled, cored, sliced)
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp of Splenda
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat boiler; in saucepan combine rhubarb, apples, orange juice, cinnamon, and Splenda.
- Cover over medium heat for 5-10 min or until rhubarb is tender.
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, oil and sugar; mix and spread on foil-lined baking sheet; broil until toasted (~3 min).
- Spoon half bread crumb mixture into bottom of dish; cover with fruit and top with remaining crumb mixture. Serve warm.