About Sunshine Raspberries
Sunshine raspberries are a similar size and shape to the more common red raspberries with some color differences. They are a marbled mixture of both orange and red, with an overall golden tone. The taste is sweet with peach and apricot notes. They are far less tart than red raspberries.
How to Store
Do not wash raspberries until they are ready to eat; refrigerate for use within 1-2 days.
How to Select
Choose raspberries that are dry, plump and firm.
Raspberries are fat free, cholesterol free, high in dietary fiber and high in vitamin C.
Tropical Sunshine Parfait
Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 15 Min Calories/Serving: 238
- 2 cups canned pineapple chunks in 100% fruit juice (drained)
- 1 cup fresh sunshine raspberries
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 medium banana (sliced)
- ⅓ cup dates (chopped)
- ¼ cup whole almonds (toasted and chopped)
- Toast almonds in oven for 5-6 min at 300°F then coarsely chop
- Layer pineapple, raspberries, yogurt, banana and dates in a glass cup
- Sprinkle the almonds on top and serve