Orange Flesh Melon
How to Select
Choose fragrant, symmetrical melon, heavy for size with no visible bruises and yellow or cream undertone. The stem end should give to gentle pressure.
How to Store
Store melon that are uncut at room temperature for up to 1 week. Refrigerate cut melon in airtight container up to 5 days.
Melons are fat free, saturated fat free, very low in sodium, cholesterol free, high in vitamin A, high in vitamin C and a good source of folate.
Servings: 8 Preparation Time: 10 Min Calories/Serving: 70
- 1 ripe orange flesh melon, cubed
- 2 ½ cups (20 oz) 100% orange juice
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Crushed ice
- Cut melon in half, scoop out seeds, remove rind and discard
- In blender or food processor, blend melon cubes with ½ cup orange juice
- Pour puree into pitcher and stir with remaining orange juice and sugar, stir until sugar is dissolved
- Pour into glasses with crushed ice, serve