How to Select
The fruit should be firm with just a slight “give” when gently squeezed. Avoid fruit that is overripe, characterized by loose skin and a “watery” feel to the fruit.
How to Store
Pluots will continue to ripen at room temperature. Once the fruit reaches your desired softness, refrigerate it to keep it that way. Pluots will last for a week or more in your refrigerator.
Contain high levels of antioxidants and are fat free, saturated fat free, sodium free, cholesterol free and a good source of vitamin C.
Pluot Basil Bruschetta
Servings: 12 Preparation Time: 10 Min Calories/Serving: 230
- 1 loaf whole grain baguette
- 6 pluots, pitted and sliced
- 8 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Slice baguette into ¼ inch slices. Brush each side lightly with olive oil.
- Arrange sliced bread in single layer on baking sheet. Toast under broiler until golden brown; flip slices over and toast other side. Allow toasts to cool.
- Spread each slice with cheese, followed by a whole basil leaf. Spread a smaller amount of cheese on top of the basil leaf and top with a pluot slice. Arrange on platter to serve.