How to Select
Choose firm, shiny, smooth-skinned apples with intact stems. Should smell fresh, not musty.
How to Store
Refrigerate apples in plastic bag away from strong odor foods. Use within 3 weeks.
Apples are fat free, saturated fat free, sodium free, cholesterol free, and a high source of dietary fiber.
Spinach Salad with Apples
Servings: 4-6 Preparation Time: 10 Min Calories/Serving: 210
- 1 (9 oz) bag cleaned spinach leaves or 1 bunch fresh spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1 honeycrisp apple
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the stems from the spinach leaves and put the spinach in a large bowl. Quarter and core apple and thinly slice it. Add the apple to the spinach.
- Warm the olive oil over medium-low heat. Whisk in the vinegar and mustard, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the spinach and toss gently to mix.
- Arrange the salads on individual plates, distributing the apples evenly.