Fat free; saturated fat free; sodium free; cholesterol free; excellent source of dietary fiber; good source of vitamin C.
How to Store
Can be stored for a very long time in refrigeration if not ripe. To ripen keep at room temperature for a few days.
How to Select
Check the neck for ripeness by applying gentle thumb pressure near the stem end, and when the fruit gives slightly, it is ready to eat. Choose fruit that is blemish free.
Pear & Celery Salad
Servings: 6 Preparation Time: 10 Min Calories/serving: 166
- 4 celery stalks, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 ripe comice pears
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, low fat
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 large butterhead lettuce leaves (or other lettuce)
- Whisk vinegar and honey in a large bowl until combined.
- Add pears; stir gently to coat. Add celery, cheese and pecans; stir to combine.
- Divide lettuce leaves among 6 plates and top with a portion of salad. Serve.