Lechon Asado Mojo Marinated Pork Chops
Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
Prep time: 10 minutes | 2 hour marinade time
Cook time: 12 minutes
- 4 Smithfield® Prime Center Cut Boneless Pork Chops
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce (or to taste)
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ shallot
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- For Mojo Marinade, combine all ingredients (except for the pork) in blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Rub pork chops with marinade; cover and refrigerate 2 to 8 hours.
- Place baking sheet on center rack in oven; heat oven to 400°F. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove chops from marinade and place in skillet to brown, about 2 minutes per side; remove from skillet.
- Arrange chops on baking sheet in oven. Roast until internal temperature reaches 145°F turning after 3 minutes. Let stand 3 minutes before serving.
Per serving: Calories 210; Total Fat 12g; Saturated Fat 3g; Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 65mg; Sodium 400mg; Total Carbohydrate 2g; Fiber 0g; Total Sugars 1g; Added Sugar 0g; Protein 24g.
Make it a Meal: Serve with brown rice and sautéed spinach
*Recipe brought to you by Smithfield
Culinary Talking Points:
Lechon asado is a roast or grilled whole suckling pig found dish found in South America, the Caribbean and also the Philippines.