Pomegranates are a good source of fiber, potassium, folate, copper and vitamins C and K. They are naturally low in fat; saturated fat free; cholesterol free.
How to Select
Select pomegranates that are plump, round and heavy for their size.
How to Store
Whole pomegranates can be stored in a coll dry area for about 1 month or up to 2 months in the refrigerator.
Greens with Pomegranate
Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 30 Min Calories/Serving: 146
• 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 3 tbsp water
• 2 tbsp honey mustard
• Ground black pepper
• 6 cups lettuce leaves, torn
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 cup pink grapefruit sections
• 2 red apples, cored and thinly sliced
• 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 pomegranate, seeded
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, water, mustard, and garlic; season with ground black pepper, if desired
- In a large salad bowl, toss the remaining ingredients together
- Drizzle the dressing on top and toss until greens are evenly coated