Ruby Frost Apples
How to Select
Choose firm, shiny, smooth-skinned apples with intact stems. Should smell fresh.
How to Store
Refrigerate apples in plastic bag away from strong odor foods. Use within 3 weeks.
Nutrients Found in Ruby Frost Apples
Apples are fat free, saturated fat free, sodium free, cholesterol free and a high source of dietary fiber.
Apple-Cranberry Salad Toss
Servings: 8 Preparation Time: 10 Min Calories/serving: 120
- 1 head of lettuce (about 10 cups)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- 2 medium Ruby Frost apples
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¾ cup vinaigrette dressing, low-fat
- Toss lettuce, apples, walnuts, cranberries and onions in a large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve.