Baby Bella Mushrooms
Mushrooms are low in calories, fat-free, cholesterol-free, gluten-free, and very low in sodium, yet they provide important nutrients, including selenium, potassium (8%), riboflavin, niacin, vitamin D and more.
How to Select
Purchase mushrooms that are firm with a fresh, smooth appearance. Surfaces should be dry, but not dried out, and appear plump.
How to Store
Refrigerate mushrooms on original container or paper bag up to 1 week.
How to Clean
Brush off any peat moss with your fingers or a damp paper towel, or rinse the mushrooms briefly under running water and pat dry with a paper towel. Do not soak mushrooms in water as they easily absorb moisture.
Red Pepper & Mushroom Wrap
Servings: 1 Preparation Time: 10 Min Calories/serving: 298
- 1 Tbsp low-fat cream cheese, plain
- 1 (10″) whole wheat tortilla
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 roasted red pepper, jarred
- 1/2 cup chopped baby bella mushrooms, fresh
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 avocado slices
- Spread cream cheese evenly over tortilla. Layer spinach leaves over cream cheese.
- Chop red pepper and fresh mushrooms. Layer on top of spinach.
- Add scallion and avocado. Roll, and wrap in foil for easy packing.