Black Mission Figs
How to Select
Select figs that are clean and dry, with smooth, unbroken skin. The fruit should be soft and yielding to the touch, but not mushy.
How to Store
Keep figs in a plastic bag in the coldest part of your refrigerator. Use within two days.
Nutrients Found in Black Mission Figs
Black Mission Figs are fat free, cholesterol free, sodium free, good source of dietary fiber and potassium.
Celery Stuffed with Fig Blue Cheese Spread
Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 15 Min Calories/Serving: 140
- 2 tbsp crumbled blue cheese, reduced fat
- 3 tbsp cream cheese, fat free
- ½ cup plain yogurt, fat free
- 2 figs of your choice, chopped
- 4 dried apricots, chopped
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 8 stalks celery
- With a fork and hand mixer, mix blue cheese, cream cheese and yogurt until smooth. Stir in chopped dried apricot, figs and pecans.
- Refrigerate spread until ready for use.
- Slice celery stalks into 3-to 4-inch sticks. Fill celery pieces with spread.