Asian pears are a good source of fiber. They are naturally low in fat, saturated fat free, very low in sodium and cholesterol free!
How to Select
Select the most fragrant and unbruised fruit with little to no brown spots. Ripe Asian pears are hard and do not soften (unlike traditional pears). They are ready to eat when purchased.
How to Store
Store pears for up to 1 week at room temperature or up to 3 months in the refrigerator.
5 Ways to Enjoy Asian Pears in the Fall!
- In a slaw! Add Asian pears to slaw for extra tangy flavor and boost in nutrition!
- Make it into a pie or tart. Grown tired or apple pie? Bake Asian pears into pie for a new type of fall treat!
- Blend into a smoothie. Combine Asian pears with strawberries, apples or bananas for a refreshing and fiber-packed beverage.
- Top your salad! Toss Asian pear into your salad for a burst of flavor! Get the taste of fall with Asian pears and pumpkin seeds on a bed of arugula.
- Enjoy it plain or in a parfait. Sliced Asian pears are just as delicious to the pears you already enjoy! Give this variety a whirl and see what you think.