Kale is naturally low fat, saturated fat free, cholesterol free, low sodium, excellent source of vitamin A and vitamin C, good source of calcium and potassium.
How to Select
Choose dark colored kale bunches with small to medium leaves. Avoid brown or yellow leaves.
How to Store
Store kale in a plastic bag in the coldest part of the fridge for 3-5 days.
5 Ways to Enjoy Kale in the Fall!
- Quickie Kale Salad. Toss canned sliced beets with cooked fresh or frozen kale, 1-2 chopped scallions, and a grated carrot. Top with low fat balsamic vinaigrette.
- Steamed and Tangy. Steam kale and season with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Stir-Fry. Add chopped kale to a stir-fry.
- Sweet and Irresistible. Sweeten your kale with raisins!
- One-Pot Meal. Braise kale in chicken or vegetable stock with garlic that has been sauteed in olive oil and cooked or canned white or cannelloni beans