Tomato and Tomatillo Gazpacho Recipe
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 90 minutes (includes chilling)
- ½ pound fresh tomatillos, husked, rinsed and quartered
- 1 ½ pounds tomatoes, chopped, divided
- ½ cup chopped white onion, divided
- 1 fresh Serrano chile, coarsely chopped, including seeds
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Puree tomatillos, half of tomatoes and half of onion with chile, garlic, vinegar and 1¼ teaspoons salt in a blender until smooth.
- Force through a medium-mesh sieve into a bowl, discarding solids.
- Stir in remaining tomatoes and onion, water, oil and cilantro.
- Chill until cold, at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 63 Calories, 5 g Fat (0 g Sat), 0 mg Cholesterol, 2.5 mg Sodium, 5 g Carbohydrate, 1.5 g Fiber, 1 g Protein
Recipe by Epicurious.com