Sugar Snap Peas
Sugar snap peas are a good source of vitamin C, packed with dietary fiber. They are naturally low in fat; saturated fat free; sodium free; cholesterol free.
How to Select
Choose peas that are bright green, firm and free from blemishes.
How to Store
For the sweetest flavor, serve peas as soon after purchase as possible. Store peas in the shell in the crisper section of the refrigerator in a perforated plastic bag. Use within 2 days.
5 Ways to Enjoy Sugar Snap Peas!
- A Pea Pesto. The light, sweet tasting pea pairs beautifully with fresh mint or basil. In a food processor, puree fresh herbs, boiled peas, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, parmesan and salt and presto! You have pea pesto.
- Crisp green salad. Nothing makes a salad pop like sugar snap peas. Simply top of your summer salad with sugar snap peas to add texture and flavor!
- In a pasta primavera! Nothing turns pasta into a summertime dish like fresh peas. Whether you use them in a light cream sauce or simply dressed with olive, your dish will leave mouths watering.
- Roasted snap peas with shallots. Bake sugar snap peas with thinly sliced shallot, olive oil, salt and pepper on a baking sheet at 475°F for about 15 minutes. Top with crumbled bacon and you’ll have a delectable side dish ready
- Just Pop a Few! Then a few more. They’re delicious as is!