Fat free, cholesterol free, very low sodium, low calorie, excellent source of vitamin C, good source of folate, magnesium and fiber.
How to Select
Choose brightly colored firm pods.
How to Store
Store okra in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Okra & Greens
Servings: 5 Preparation Time: 15 Min Calories/serving: 100
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb collard greens, chopped
- 16 medium okra, sliced
- 4 chili peppers, finely chopped and crushed
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large saucepan, sauté onions in oil until golden brown.
- Add remaining ingredients except lemon. Simmer over low heat, covered, until greens are tender.
- Squeeze lemon over top of greens and okra mixture just before serving