Fat free; saturated fat free; low sodium; cholesterol free; low calorie. The Watermelon radish, both the root and the greens, provide an excellent source of vitamin C, particularly when eaten raw.
How to Select
Look for Watermelon radishes with smooth skin free of deep cracks and for an exceptionally pink interior look for radishes with pink taproots.
How to Store
Refrigerate radishes in plastic bag for use within 1 week. Remove tops before storing.
Herbed Potato & Radish Salad
Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 20 Min Calories/serving: 100
- 1 lb potatoes
- 1/2 cup watermelon radishes, sliced
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 3 Tbsp plain yogurt, fat-free
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise, low-fat
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1/4 Tbsp salt
- Scrub potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Place in medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 12 minutes or until potatoes are done. Drain.
- Mix dressing ingredients.
- Combine hot potatoes, dressing, radishes, basil, thyme, and onion powder. Serve.