Low fat, saturated fat free, cholesterol free, low sodium, excellent source of Vitamin A and Vitamin C and a good source of calcium and potassium.
How to Select
Choose dark colored kale bunches with small to medium leaves. Avoid brown or yellow leaves.
How to Store
Store kale in a plastic bag in the coldest part of the fridge for 3-5 days.
Kale with Roasted Peppers and Olives
Servings: 8 Preparation Time: 15 Min Calories/Serving: 118
• 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled & sliced
• 3 organic beets, peeled, scrubbed, trimmed, and cut in half.
• 6 radishes, sliced
• 2 scallions, diagonally sliced
• 2½ tbsp vinegar
• 2½ tbsp olive oil
• ¼ cup apple juice
• ¼ tsp ground allspice
• ¼ tsp red pepper sauce
• ⅛ tsp salt
• ⅛ tsp black pepper
Cut the kale into bite-size pieces, removing any tough stems. Rinse and shake dry.
- Warm the oil and garlic in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Remove the garlic as soon as it browns (don’t let it burn). Add the kale and stir-fry 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water, cover, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Uncover and add the sugar, salt, olives, and peppers. Cook over medium-high heat until the liquid has evaporated.
- Spoon into a serving dish; scatter the garlic over the top. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar. Serve warm or at room temperature.