Fat free, cholesterol free, sodium free and a good source of vitamin C and fiber.
How to Store
Refrigerate cranberries for up to 2 months or freeze for future use. Dried cranberries can be stored in airtight containers for up to 3 months.
How to Select
Choose fresh cranberries that are firm and not shriveled or decayed. Choose dried cranberries that are free of mold and abnormal smells.
Fresh Cranberry Salsa
Servings: 12 Preparation Time: 10 Min Calories/serving: 67
- 1 (12-oz) package fresh cranberries, picked over and stems removed
- 2 finely diced large celery stalks
- 1 finely diced small white onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced*
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Process the cranberries in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer the cranberries to a medium bowl, and add the remaining ingredients. Stir the mixture well to combine.
- Transfer the cranberry mixture to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with pita chips.
- * For spicier salsa, include the seeds and ribs from the jalapeño. Or use a serrano chile, which has more heat.