Parmesan Crusted Turkey Cutlets with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Parmesan Crusted Turkey Cutlets
with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 ½ cups Chobani Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt, divided
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp shallots, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire
- ½ tsp dried tarragon
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 lb turkey breast, cut into ½” thick 3 oz pieces
- 1½ cups whole wheat bread crumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a large sauce pot over medium high heat. Add butter, shallots, garlic, and mushrooms, cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken stock, Worcestershire and tarragon. Combine cornstarch with water and make a paste. Whisk cornstarch into chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add ¾ cup Greek yogurt to sauce and heat gently but do not simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and reserve warm.
- Place turkey cutlets between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound thin. Marinate with remaining Greek yogurt. Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper. Remove cutlets from yogurt and dredge in breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat and add olive oil. Sauté cutlets on both sides until golden brown and turkey is cooked through. Repeat with remaining cutlets and hold cooked cutlets in a 200° oven until ready to serve. Serve 2 cutlets per portion topped with creamy mushroom sauce.
Per serving: Calories 460, Calories from Fat 120, Total Fat 14g, Saturated Fat 4.5g, Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 510mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 5g, Protein 60g
Make it a Meal: Serve with roasted potatoes and lightly sautéed spinach.
*Recipe brought to you by Chobani
Talking Point: To ensure that the breading adheres after dredging, gently press the crumbs onto both sides of the cutlet with your hands.