How to Select
Choose firm bok choy stalks without brown spots and fresh leaves (not wilted).
How to Store
Store bok choy in plastic bag in the crisper of your refrigerator for up to a week. Wash immediately before serving.
Nutrients Found in Bok Choy
Fat free saturated fat free, cholestrol free, low sodium and excellent source of vitamins.
Baby Bok Choy with Cashews Recipe
Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 7 Min Calories/serving: 180
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green onions, including green ends
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound baby bok choy, rinsed, larger leaves separated from base trimmed but still present, holding the smaller leaves together
- ½ teaspoon dark sesame oil
- ½ cup chopped, roasted, salted cashews
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium high heat. Add onions, then garlic, then bok choy. Sprinkle with sesame oil and salt. Cover, and let the baby choy cook down for approximately 3 minutes. (Like spinach, when cooked, the bok choy will wilt a bit.)
- Remove cover. Lower heat to low. Stir and let cook for a minute or two longer until the bok choy is cooked.
- Gently mix in cashews.