Jackfruit “Pulled Pork” Jicama Tostadas
Jackfruit Pulled “Pork” Jicama “Tostadas”
Prep time: 15
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 large jicama, peeled and cut into 12 (1/8-inch thick) round slices
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups pulled canned jackfruit in brine
- ½ tsp chipotle powder
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice plus lime wedges for garnish
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup thinly sliced radishes
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄3 cup drained Mandarin oranges in 100% juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- Optional: sliced green onions and/or pico de gallo (optional)
- Soak jicama in water for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add jackfruit and chipotle powder; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in 1 tbsp lime juice.
- In small bowl, with fork, mash avocado, remaining 1 tbsp lime juice and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt until slightly chunky.
- Remove jicama from water; pat dry. Top with avocado mixture, jackfruit mixture, radishes, onion, oranges and jalapeno; serve with lime wedges and additional toppings if desired.
Per serving: 197 Calories, 11g Fat (4g Saturated), 0mg Cholestrol, 317mg Sodium, 23g Carbohydrates, 13g Fiber, 6g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 3g Protein.
Serve it Your Way: Use butter lettuce, whole wheat tortillas, or brown or cauliflower rice as the base.
Pump Up the Protein: Serve with black bean and salsa relish, and fold in 1⁄4 cup of favorite pulled pork recipe into each tostada.