Tuna Poke Bowl
Greek Grilled Cheese with Chicken
Prep time: 10 minutes
Grill Time: 6 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked black rice
- 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp less sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tuna filets (about 4 oz each)
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh pineapple and sliced
- 1/2 thinly sliced radishes
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- Prepare rice as label directs. In medium bowl, whisk soy sauce, vinegar and 2 tablespoons oil.
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling (or heat large skillet) over medium-high heat. Rub tuna with remaining 1 tbsp oil, and salt/pepper to taste
- Place tuna on hot grill rack (or in skillet); cover (don’t cover skillet) and cook 6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145, turning once.
- Slice tuna 1/4-inch thick. Divide rice into 4 bowls; top with avocado, carrots, pineapple, radishes and tuna. Drizzle with soy sauce mixture; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Per serving: 546 Calories, 26g Fat (5g Saturated), 47mg Cholesterol, 443 Sodium, 44g Carbohydrates, 7g Fiber, 5g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 37g Protein.
Customize your way: Not a fan of fish? Top with marinated grilled tofu for a vegetarian spin. Add some crunch with crumbled seed-based crackers or a little spice with a dash of hot sauce.
Dietitian Tip: Have leftover toppings? Use them on top of mixed greens or in a lettuce wrap for lunch the next day!