How to Select
The Rainier cherry is crossed with the Bing and Van cherry varieties. The combination of these two red cherries produced a golden yellow cherry with a red blush and incredibly sweet flavor. Select firm cherries with stems attached that are yellow, with partial to full red blush.
How to Store
Refrigerate cherries for up to 10 days.
Cherries are fat free, saturated fat free, sodium free, cholesterol free, a good source of vitamin C, and a good source of potassium.
Banana – Cherry Smoothie
Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 10 Min Calories/Serving: 170
- 1 cup Rainier cherries
- 2 medium bananas
- 8-oz. plain low fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sugar or to taste
- Rinse cherries and drain on paper towels and remove seeds then spread on a baking tray.
- Peel the bananas, slice thickly and add to the baking tray and put in freezer and freeze until solid.
- Remove tray from freezer and place the banana slices and cherries in a blender; add remaining ingredients; blend until smooth; pour into glasses and serve.