How to Select
Choose tomatoes with bright, shiny skins and firm flesh. Jersey tomatoes are known to be big, juicy and flavorful.
How to Store
Store tomatoes at room temperature away from direct sunlight, use within one week after ripe. Tomatoes taste best if not refrigerated; refrigerate only if you can’t use them before they spoil.
Tomatoes are low fat, saturated fat free, very low in sodium, cholesterol free, and low in calories. They are also high in vitamin A, high in vitamin C, and a good source of potassium.
Tomato Peach Salsa
Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 10 Min Calories/Serving: 190
- 1 (15 oz.) can sliced peaches, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped Jersey tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced red onions
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 3 tbsp minced cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- In a medium-sized bowl, gently toss together the peaches, tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, honey and salt.
- Serve with whole grain tortilla chips or pita chips.