Farro & Grilled Vegetable Salad with Smoked Tahini
Farro & Grilled Vegetable Salad with Smoky Tahini
Prep time: 25 minutes
Grill Time: 6 minutes
- 1 cup pearled farro
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 Roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 large zucchini, cut lengthwise into ¼-inch thick slices
- 2 (½-inch thick) slices red onion
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Prepare farro as label directs. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat.
- Place carrots, tomatoes, zucchini and red onion on rimmed baking pan; coat with 2 tablespoons oil. Place vegetables on hot grill rack; cover and cook 5 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once. Cool and chop.
- In large bowl, whisk garlic, tahini, lemon juice, mint, paprika, remaining 2 tablespoons oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add chopped vegetables and farro; toss to combine.
Per serving: 415 Calories, 23g Fat (3g Saturated), 0mg Cholesterol, 174mg Sodium, 46g Carbohydrates, 8g Fiber, 4g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 11g Protein
Make it a Meal: Add shrimp marinated in an herb vinaigrette.