Organic Sweet Tango Apples
How to Select
Choose apples that are firm and hollow sounding when tossed a few inches in the air and caught in palm of hand. Avoid dense sounding or dull looking fruit.
How to Store
Sweet Tango Apples should be kept refrigerated. They can be stored for two-three weeks.
Sweet Tango Apples are low in calories, sodium, fat and cholesterol free. They are a good source of vitamin C and fiber.
Quick Apple Crisp
Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 10 Min Calories/Serving: 3
- ¾ cup Van’s™ Gluten Free Honey Crunch Cereal
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 2 ½ unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- ½ ground cinnamon
- 2 medium Organic Sweet Tango Apples, halved, cored, and sliced ¼ -inch thick
- ½ cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray rimmed baking pan with cooking spray. In a small bowl, toss cereal, almonds, 1 ½ tablespoons butter, sugar, and cinnamon; spread on prepared pan. Bake 8 minutes or until golden brown. Makes about 1 ¼
- In a large skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add apples; cook and stir 5 minutes or until soft. Serve apples topped with yogurt and mixture.