Organic Concorde Pears
How to Select
Concorde pears are known for their long necks and firm, dense flesh. The skin is golden green and holds up well in cooking.
How to Store
Store Concorde pears for up to 1 week at room temperature or up to 2 months in the refrigerator.
Concorde pears are fat free, saturated fat free, cholesterol free, a good source of fiber, and an excellent source of vitamin C and magnesium.
Maple Roasted Pears with Toasted Almonds and Vanilla Yogurt Sauce
Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 10 Min Calories/Serving: 162
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons natural 100% apple juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium Organic Stem Concorde Pears, halved lengthwise and cored
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray rimmed baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk 1 ½ tablespoons syrup, apple juice, butter and cinnamon; add pears and toss. Transfer pears to prepared pan. Roast 20 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- In a large skillet, toast almonds over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until lightly browned fragrant, stirring frequently, transfer to plate to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk vanilla bean seeds, yogurt and remaining ½ tablespoon syrup. Serve pears topped with yogurt mixture sprinkled with almonds.