How to Select
Select fruits that are unblemished and heavy for their size. Avoid those with cuts, soft spots, or mold.
How to Store
They may be stored in a cool, dark spot for a few days, but ideally should be refrigerated to extend shelf life up to 2 weeks.
Nutrients Found in Sumo Mandarins
Fat free, saturated fat free, cholesterol free, sodium free, an excellent source of vitamin C and a good source of vitamin A.
Mandarin Orange & Spinach Salad w/Quinoa
Servings: 6 Preparation Time: 15 Min Calories/serving: 240
- 2 cups mandarin oranges, drained
- ½ cups + 1tbsp quinoa, dry
- 3 cups romaine lettuce salad blend
- 1 ½ cups spinach leaves
- 1 ½ cups garbanzo beans, low-sodium, canned and drained
- 3 tbsp bell peppers, diced
- 3 tbsp red onion, diced
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ginger root, minced
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce, low-sodium
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Combine all ingredients except vinegar, soy sauce and vegetable oil.
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce and vegetable oil. Drizzle over salad and serve.