How to Select
Choose lemons that look firm, fresh, scented fruit, and free of blemishes.
How to Store
Refrigerate whole in a plastic bag for up to one month. Freezing is not recommended.
Nutrients Found in Sumo Mandarins
Pink lemons are a low in fat and sodium. They are also a great source of vitamin C and fiber.
Lemon-Tofu Cheesecake Shooters
Servings: 8 Preparation Time: 20 Min Calories/serving: 120
Graham cracker crumbs:
- 6 honey graham crackers sheets (24 crackers)
- 1 tbsp. trans-fat-free light butter spread, melted
- 1 (8-oz) pkg. fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup silken tofu
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- For the crust: Coarsely break graham crackers, and place in a food processor. Process until fine crumbs form. Add butter; process just until combined. Transfer crumbs to a bowl; set aside.
- For the cheesecake: Rinse and dry food processor. Add cream cheese, sugar and tofu; process until smooth. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla; process until well combined.
- Distribute graham crackers crumbs evenly into each of 8 small jars. Spoon approximately 3 tablespoons cheesecake filling into each jar. Cover and refrigerate cheesecake shooters until ready to serve.
Per serving: 120 calories, 1.5g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 5g protein
*To reduce the total sugar, swap stevia baking blend for granulated sugar.