Ocean Mist Season & Steam Artichokes
How to Store
To store uncooked artichokes, slice a dime width off of the stem, sprinkle the stem end with water and refrigerate in an airtight plastic bag. It’s best to cook artichokes within five to seven days after purchasing.
Cooked artichokes should be cooled completely and covered before you put them in the refrigerator where they can keep for up to a week.
Fat free, saturated fat free, cholesterol free, sodium free, good source of vitamin B1 and iron.
Grapefruit-Caper Salmon with Artichokes
Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 25 Min Calories/Serving: 330
- 1 Ocean Mist Season & Steam Artichokes bag
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 ¼ plus 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 4 (4-oz.) salmon fillets, skin on, at room temperature
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and cut into supreme
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Follow cooking directions on Ocean Mist Season & Steam Artichokes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of the oil, plus grapefruit juice, mustard, capers, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Pat salmon dry with paper towels. Add salmon, skin side down; season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook 5 minutes per side; reduce heat, cover and cook 2 minutes more or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Place fillets on individual plates with artichoke halves. Top evenly with grapefruit sections, drizzle with caper mixture. Serve.
Per serving: 330 calories, 19g fat, 3.5g saturated fat, 55mg cholesterol, 390mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 22g protein