Low calorie, sodium free, and a good source of vitamin C.
How to Select
Look for dry, hard tomatillos with tightly fitting husks that are dry and free of mold.
How to Store
Refrigerate tomatillos loose or in an open container in the crisper drawer for 2-3 weeks.
Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 10 Min Calories/serving: 140
- 7 medium tomatillos
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp. chopped cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat broiler. Remove tomatillo husks, rinse under running water then wipe to remove stickiness.
- Place tomatillos in a single layer on a baking sheet with sides. Broil until slightly charred, turning once, about 7-8 minutes.
- Cook on baking sheet. Place tomatillos with juice in blender. Add remaining ingredients and blend to a chunky puree.