Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 35 minutes
- ½ cup green lentils
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 packages (4 ounces each) gourmet blend mushrooms, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) fresh cut celery carrot mix
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup ketchup sweetened with honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon less sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°; line 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Prepare lentils as label directs.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, celery carrot mix and onion; cook and stir 10 minutes. In large bowl, stir oats, almond meal, 2½ tablespoons ketchup, soy sauce, lentils and mushroom mixture.
- In food processor, pulse half the lentil mixture until slightly chunky; stir into remaining lentil mixture. Fold in walnuts.
- Press lentil mixture into prepared pan; brush with remaining 5½ tablespoons ketchup. Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean; let stand 10 minutes.
Per serving: 442 Calories, 23g Fat (2g Saturated), 0mg Cholesterol, 572mg Sodium, 51g Carbohydrates, 11g Fiber, 12g Sugars, 6g Added Sugars, 16g Protein
Chef’s Tip:For a turkey meatloaf, replace the ½ cup dried lentils with 1 pound lean ground turkey. Bake the meatloaf at 350° for 50 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°.