How to Select
Choose slightly firm mangos with sweet aroma. Avoid sap on skin.
How to Store
Store mangos at room temperature 1-2 days. Refrigerate peeled, cut mangos.
Low fat; saturated fat free; sodium free; cholesterol free; high in vitamin A; good source of vitamin C.
Mango Matcha Smoothie
Servings: 2 Preparation Time: 5 Min Calories/Serving: 250
- 1 Haitian mango, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tsp. matcha powder
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 (5.3 oz.) container nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- In a blender combine almond milk, matcha powder, mango, blueberries, yogurt, chia seeds, and honey. Blend until smooth.
- Add ice; blend to desired consistency. Pour evenly into 2 glasses and serve immediately.
Per serving: 250 calories, 4g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholestrol, 140mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, 11g protein.
Cook’s Tip: If you can’t find matcha powder, substitute 1/2 cup cooled, brewed green tea.