How to Select
Choose firm nectarines/peaches with smooth skin. They have a delicate white flesh and an incredibly sweet taste due to their low acid levels.
How to Store
Store unripe nectarines/peaches in a paper bag until ripe, then store at room temperature for use within 2-3 days.
Nectarines/peaches are low fat, saturated fat free, sodium free, cholesterol free, and a good source of vitamin C.
Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 30 Min Calories/Serving: 206
- 4 fresh ripe, medium nectarine or peaches
- 1 Tbsp. dry Thai spice mixture OR
- 1 Tbsp. mixture of red chili flakes, dry leaf thyme, garlic powder, lemon pepper, and ground coriander
- Non-stick spray
- 1 oz. crumbled goat cheese or Feta
- 16 whole wheat crackers
- Fresh herb sprigs for garnish
- Peel nectarines/peaches, cut in half and remove pits. Dust well with spice mixture. Cover and hold for 30 minutes.
- Before cooking, spray nectarines/peaches lightly with non-stick spray. Grill or broil until lightly browned on each side, turning often. Cook only until slightly softened. Remove and cool briefly.
- Cut nectarines/peaches into large wedges and place on a bed of lettuce. Sprinkle with crumbled cheese and serve with whole wheat crackers.