Autumn Glory Apples
How to Select
Choose firm, shiny, smooth-skinned apples with intact stems. Should smell fresh.
How to Store
Refrigerate apples in plastic bag away from strong odor foods. Use within 3 weeks.
Apples are fat free, saturated fat free, sodium free, cholesterol free, and an excellent source of dietary fiber.
Quick Apple Crisp Bowl
Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 10 Min Calories/Serving: 223
- ¾ VansTM Gluten Free Honey Crunch Cereal
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 2 ½ tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 medium Autumn Glory Apples, halved, cored, and sliced ¼ – inch thick
- ½ cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray rimmed baking pan with cooking spray. In a small bowl, toss
cereal, almonds, 1 ½ tablespoon butter, sugar, and cinnamon; spread on prepared pan. Bake 8
minutes or until golden brown. Makes about 1 ¼ cups.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add apples; cook
and stir 5 minutes or until soft. Serve apples topped with yogurt and cereal mixture.