Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) Wholesome Pantry™ organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup roasted unsalted pepitas
- Plain nonfat Greek yogurt for serving (optional)
- In large saucepot, cook beef over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until browned, breaking up beef with side of spoon; reduce heat to medium.
- Add bell pepper and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add chili powder, pumpkin pie spice, garlic powder and 1 teaspoon salt; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes with their juice, pumpkin, beans and 2 cups water; increase heat to high and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer and stir 30 minutes. Makes about 9 cups.
- Serve chili topped with pepitas and yogurt, if desired.
Per serving (1½ cups): 321 Calories, 11g Fat (3g Saturated), 50mg Cholesterol, 571mg Sodium, 29g Carbohydrates, 6g Fiber, 9g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 26g Protein
Dietitian Tip: Turn this recipe into a cook once, eat twice solution— use leftover chili on salad greens or on top of your favorite grain like quinoa or bulgur wheat.