Prep: 20 minutes plus cooling and freezing
Bake/Broil: 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 cod fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup white cooking wine
- ¼ cup drained and
- Rinsed capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cod: In wide, shallow dish, whisk flour and ¼ teaspoon pepper; dip cod in flour, shaking off excess.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add cod; cook 6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°, turning once. Transfer cod to 8-inch square baking dish; cool slightly. Tightly wrap dish with plastic wrap, then foil; freeze up to 2 months.
- In same skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds. Add wine and heat to a simmer; cook 3 minutes or until reduced by half, scraping browned bits from bottom of skillet with wooden spoon. Add capers, lemon juice and ¼ teaspoon pepper; cook and stir 1 minute. Transfer sauce to airtight container; freeze up to 2 months. Makes about ½ cup.
- For Serving: Preheat oven to 400°. Remove plastic wrap and foil from dish; bake 25 minutes.
- Preheat broiler to high. Top cod with piccata sauce; broil 5 minutes or until internal temperature of cod reaches 145°. Serve cod sprinkled with parsley over pasta and sautéed spinach.
Per serving (1 cod fillet, 2 tablespoons sauce): 228 Calories, 10g Fat (6g Saturated), 77mg Cholesterol, 471mg Sodium, 6g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 0g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 24g Protein