Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 8 (6-inch) corn tostada shells
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) soy tempeh, crumbled
- 1 package (1.25 ounces) salt-free taco seasoning mix
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage ⅓ cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- Hot sauce for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place tostada shells in single layer on 2 rimmed baking pans; bake 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In medium bowl, mash avocado, lime juice and ¼ teaspoon salt with fork. Makes about 1 cup.
- Heat large skillet over high heat; spray with cooking spray. Add tempeh; cook and stir 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add taco seasoning, ¼ teaspoon salt and ½ cup water; cook and stir 3 minutes or until moisture is absorbed. Makes about 4 cups.
- Spread avocado mixture over tostada shells; top with tempeh, green onions, cabbage, radishes and cilantro. Serve with hot sauce,if desired.
Per serving (2 tostadas): 479 Calories, 28g Fat (7g Saturated), 0mg Cholesterol, 481mg Sodium, 40g Carbohydrates, 6g Fiber, 3g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 28g Protein
Dietitian Tip: Make extra tempeh fi lling and serve over a broccoli slaw blend. Top with crushed tortilla chips and yogurt-based avocado ranch dressing for a delicious week-long lunch.